5 Perks of Being Introverted

11:00 AM

Hello, my name is Carly and I'm an introvert!! ('Hello Carly') Most of the time when people hear that word 'introvert' they immediately tag along negative connotations such as 'anti-social' and sometimes even 'egoist'. (Yup, that one was thanks to dictionary.com) However, being an introvert isn't always as bad as it's made out to be. I see so many posts and articles that talk about 'problems with being an introvert' and 'why I hate being introverted' and very little that talk about the positives of being introverted. So that is exactly what I am here to do today, to shed some light on the topic of introversion and show you that we aren't just hermits who stay in our rooms all day fawning over fictional characters and watching four seasons of the Office in a single sitting. (though that may or may not be listed as an accomplishment on my resume) So, without further adieu, here are 5 Perks of Being Introverted.


1. We're the world's greatest listeners. Let's face it, we're crap at small talk. But if you need somebody to vent about your day to that will absolutely not interrupt you or show you any judgement, then I would highly suggest you find yourself an introvert because that's pretty much what we do best.



2. We have awesome friends. Introverts are masters at quality over quantity, especially when it comes to friends. We don't tend to have a large amount of relationships, but you can bet that the one's we do have are some of the best you've ever seen. So if you're close friends with an introvert, you should feel EXTREMELY special because we are highly selective.



3. We're intriguing. We tend to keep our thoughts to ourselves leaving others to guess what Robert Frost poem we're reciting in our heads or whether or not we're pondering the exact purpose of our existence on this earth. (even though 95% of the time we're just trying to figure out where the closest place to get a burrito would be) This causes others to think we're mysterious and enigmatic. However, this may lead others to believe we're stuck up or simply ignoring them which I would like to be known is NOT the case! (most of the time)



4. We're a-ok with being alone in a big city. Though it would be nice to have some company, it's often relaxing to just explore a city simply with your own thoughts. Many may find larger cities overwhelming, but not us. We are perfectly content enjoying a solo adventure every once in a while.



5. We will one day rule the world. Some of the world's most influential figures were/are introverts. Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi, Bill Gates, BEYONCÉ. That's right, you heard me. Even the Queen herself is an introvert. So basically this means that it's inevitable, the reign is coming and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it.



Comment down below! Are you an introvert, extrovert, ambivert? Let me know.  :)

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I couldn't agree more!:) You've got some great reasons here!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have agreed more with this post ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree with all of these! I don't mind being an introvert, it's really not that bad!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great post! I'm also an introvert and sometimes struggle to find the positives of it but this really helped me realise that it's alright to be alone and being fine with it too. :)
    http://ellabella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, as an introvert I can totally agree! Loved this :)

    kawellkasell.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely agree, since I am an introvert person too...actually, I consider myself introvert, even though no any of my friends and people who meet me would say that.
    I know it sounds confusing, but it really is like that :)
    Best regards from Italy,
    Ivy
    www.ivyandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post, thanks for sharing! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I consider myself to be a mixture of introvert and extrovert. I know it might sound confusing but often it depends on who I'm with. Like with family, I'm not an introvert at all. And like you said, we're quality over quantity, so my friends know who I am and how I work, therefore, I'm at ease around them.

    Anyway, I completely agree with everything you shared. So thank you! We're great people let me tell you ahahah

    Ella Pinto xx

    ReplyDelete